Sunday evenings are normally quite busy for me. I am occupied prepping meals and work outfits for the week ahead. Today, I was even more pressed for time because I had to make a quick trip to the city center to buy a present (from my team) for a colleague who has just bought a house.
When I returned home, the thought of meal prepping just put me off. May be also because all week I struggled with a neck sprain that got the best of me. Now, I wanted some downtime. So, I decided to make about two servings of this easy peasy meal that came together in under 30 minutes. I will take the second serving for lunch tomorrow. And for the meal prep…we will think about it tomorrow after work, I think.
Let’s get right into this recipe that is uber convenient and quick, so that I can go back to my downtime. 😛
- Quinoa (1 cup)
- Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Onion (1)
- Minced garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped Chillies (3)
- Chopped carrot (1 cup)
- Peas (1/2 cup)
- Eggs (2)
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Sriracha sauce (to taste)
- Boil two cups water. Add quinoa to the pot and bring heat to medium low. In 8-10 minutes quinoa should be cooked.
- Heat up oil in a wok/pan.
- Chop onions and fry until translucent.
- Add minced garlic. Fry for two minutes.
- Add chopped chillies and carrots, as well as peas.
- After the vegetables are 1/3 cooked through, push them aside, and scramble two eggs in the same pan.
- Now add the cooked quinoa, Sriracha and soy sauce. Stir until everything is well combined! Serve with lemon wedges. 🙂